AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AVG POS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What is ment by AUCTION RANK ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: AVG POS

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi EdBargy,

Welcome to the Community!

I think you're posing two questions here and I'll try to elaborate on both for you.

First off, Ad Rank, which is used to determine your Ad Position, is your bid multiplied by your Quality Score.

Your Average Position is how your ad generally ranks against other ads in the auctions.

Here is another good read that may help you gain a further understanding:

Understanding ad position

Also, for more information about the Auction, there is a great video here (it's older but covers the basic idea):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8qQXLby4PY

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: AVG POS

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi EdBargy,

Welcome to the Community!

I think you're posing two questions here and I'll try to elaborate on both for you.

First off, Ad Rank, which is used to determine your Ad Position, is your bid multiplied by your Quality Score.

Your Average Position is how your ad generally ranks against other ads in the auctions.

Here is another good read that may help you gain a further understanding:

Understanding ad position

Also, for more information about the Auction, there is a great video here (it's older but covers the basic idea):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8qQXLby4PY

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’