AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

API OR ADWORDS EDITOR

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone explain to me what is the difference between API and Google Adwords Editor in terms of inserting massive keywords in my campaign? Should I use API or Google Adwrods Editor? I thing it is the latter one, but I ahver doubts about it.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author João M
September 2015

Re: API OR ADWORDS EDITOR

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello. API = application programming interface. You write an application which accesses your adwords account through this API. Programming skills are required, as well as a developer token. Not everybody can use the API in order to access an AdWords account.

The Editor is an already built application, which can help (a lot) with respect to some bulk tasks. But you need input beyond the click of a button or the start of a script. You need the human operator, with some AdWords knowledge, in order to operate the application, whereas an application written by someone, and which accesses the API, can work on its own once started.

As a side note, AdWords Editor also uses the API in order to upload changes to your account or to download data from your account.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author João M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello. API = application programming interface. You write an application which accesses your adwords account through this API. Programming skills are required, as well as a developer token. Not everybody can use the API in order to access an AdWords account.

The Editor is an already built application, which can help (a lot) with respect to some bulk tasks. But you need input beyond the click of a button or the start of a script. You need the human operator, with some AdWords knowledge, in order to operate the application, whereas an application written by someone, and which accesses the API, can work on its own once started.

As a side note, AdWords Editor also uses the API in order to upload changes to your account or to download data from your account.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Joao,

Welcome to the adwords communitySmiley Happy
AdWords API is programming interface which is designed for programmer that represents the large scale and tech savy advertiser.

It allows the devlopers you to build the application that interacts with AdWords account Server.
Please follow the below link for more info:-
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375503?hl=en

Where as AdWords editor allows you to work with campaign in offline. Here you can download the campaigns in adwords editor and do the bulk changes in your campaign and upload it.

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/?hl=en#topic=3290839

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’