AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AD Customerizer - Start_Price

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having a issue uploading new ads that use the new ad customizers

but my ads keep getting rejected because they have too many characters.

I want to include a dynamic price in my headline.  Below is an example of one of these headlines.

Buy - 52106979653 - {=usa8h1.START_PRICE}  

As you can see it is 42 characters.  In the past I have been able to upload ads in this format, but currently I cannot.    I have many thousands of ads where I want to use this customizer, so I cannot do them manually.

How can I use the "Start_price" customizer in text ads?

I the past I was able to upload a file via the website interface.   Unfortunately I now get errors when attempting to upload the file.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AD Customerizer - Start_Price

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Phdm3,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

usa8h1 is the name of your data set? And what is that big number (52106979653 ) in the headline ?

You would agree that it is a bit difficult to understand the scenario without getting to know how you have structured columns in the data set. Share at least one row of your data here so that I can see if there is anything you are missing in the reference. 

In the example you shared above, there are 20 characters even without the customizer, so it becomes critical to know how many characters do you have in your price column. It should not exceed the limit once the customizer fills in the data in between. 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6072565?hl=en

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The 'usa8h1' is the name of my data set. The big number (52106979653 ) is the a part number which is a relatively common search term in our industry. The price column is up to 4 digits. So the ad should be displayed as "Buy - 52106979653 - $245" which is 25 characters.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Could you try this -

Buy 52106979653 - {=usa8h1.Start_price}

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately that does not work either. It seems Google is counting every character and not omitting anything in between the brackets "{ }"

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

Creating an ad from the normal interface - campaign > ad group > ad - accepts the customizers as it should but the Ad List from Shared Library does not seem to accept customizers. 

I have asked for an official confirmation on this. Give me a few hours, once I hear from them, I will update you.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi,

I got an official confirmation from AdWords Phone Support Team today. Customizers are not supported in Ad Lists created from shared library. One more thing, Ad Lists are soon going to be retired. 

You you can use Bulk Ad Uploads to upload ads if have many of them. You can use customizers there. 

Hope it resolves your query. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha