AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

A negative keyword ([X]) is preventing your ad from showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

My account was working fine till today, when I got a big drop in Impression I checked the Keyword diagnosis and I found the following:

Keyword: X

Showing ads right now?
No

• A negative keyword ([X]) is preventing your ad from showing. What can I do?

Anyone know how to sort it out, as I checked everything and I cant find why is this happening.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: A negative keyword ([X]) is preventing your ad from showing

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good afternoon.

I'm going to assume that by "checked everything" you mean you went through your negative keyword list, searching for the keyword ([X]) mentioned in the alert message?

If you removed the negative keyword in the last couple of days, it may be that the alert center simply hasn't updated yet.  

I've noticed it myself, when I take action, it can take 2-3 days for the alerts to disappear from my account.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Theresa

Sorry that I did not make myself clear.

My account was running fine, we had good volume of impressions. Yesterday I add negative KW's in Phrase match. Since there my top KW's are not showing because there are negative KW's (the same like the KW's) that are preventing my ad to show. When I did not add this negative KW's, I added other different ones.

Since yesterday I got a big drop on impressions, almost nothing. I've never had this problem before.

Thanks

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

I'm afraid I'm still not clear on your situation.

You have Keyword A in your account with what match type?

And then you added Keyword A as a negative keyword with Phrase match? If the keyword is in your account as an Exact match, then the negative phrase match will block ad showing.  If the keyword is in your account as a broad match, then the negative phrase match will block ad showing for the best or closest related searches.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

I think you should look at change history and figure out if you have done this by mistake.

Revert the changes and re-look at negative keywords to be added, try to add negative exacts for most keywords and phrase for keywords with multiple instances.

Also if you feel everything else is correct, look at impressions of keywords excluded to understand effective drop.