AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

75 Websites and one account vs 75 websites and 75 accounts?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I have a huge campaign coming up, and I cant really decide how to structure it. The client is a Bank Alliance which is currently sitting on 75 local banks spread across the country, with 75 different root domains. 

The campaign is going to be focusing on Remarketing for search, 1 audience pr domain. 

My question is: 

Is it possible to manage 75 different domains, with 75 different remarketing audiences from one account? 

or do i have to create 75 different accounts to be able to manage all remarketing audiences. 

Stats: 

Unique domains = www.abc1.com, www.abc2.com, etc

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Magnus D
September 2015

Re: 75 Websites and one account vs 75 websites and 75 accounts?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Magnus,

It's certainly possible to use a single Account, and there may be advantages in doing so (such as Shared Negative Keyword lists, Labels, etc.)  How are the Account(s) to be funded?  One of the most common reasons for using multiple Accounts is to allow for separate billing processes so if the individual banks will be funding their own Campaigns, you will need separate Accounts.

Personally, I think I'd lean towards a single Account and do as much as possible to make it easy to manage the separate banks.  I'd use a clear Label system and a good naming convention for Campaigns and Groups and I'd create saved Filters for each view (Campaigns, Groups, Keywords) so that I can instantly choose an individual bank to examine.

I would also, of course, make heavy use of the AdWords Editor as it'll be invaluable in setting up a structure such as this.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Magnus D
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Magnus,

It's certainly possible to use a single Account, and there may be advantages in doing so (such as Shared Negative Keyword lists, Labels, etc.)  How are the Account(s) to be funded?  One of the most common reasons for using multiple Accounts is to allow for separate billing processes so if the individual banks will be funding their own Campaigns, you will need separate Accounts.

Personally, I think I'd lean towards a single Account and do as much as possible to make it easy to manage the separate banks.  I'd use a clear Label system and a good naming convention for Campaigns and Groups and I'd create saved Filters for each view (Campaigns, Groups, Keywords) so that I can instantly choose an individual bank to examine.

I would also, of course, make heavy use of the AdWords Editor as it'll be invaluable in setting up a structure such as this.

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon,

Thank you for your quick reply!

In terms of billing, its only one recipient, which i good.

Its been back and forth the last few days, and since i´m the only person on this project, I´m searching for the most efficient way of managing the campaign.

The good thing is, almost all of the banks have the same site structure (including urls).

As for Remarketing, using the same tag on all the websites are ok? Only thing i need to do is to create individual remarketing audiences for each domain.

Another question i have.

All the banks have set up as Views in analytics. is there going to be any issues in linking one adwords account with 75 different views, and will i get data properly?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Magnus,

It's certainly possible to link AdWords to multiple Analytics views, but I can't find any reference to a limit on number.

Jon