AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

403 error when accessing site through featured Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My site stepmathstutor.co.uk comes up fine when accessed through its normal page listing on a Google search.

However, I have had an Adwords campaign running for some time to improve my search visibility and have recently found out that when a client tries to access my site through the Ad it generates a '403 Forbidden' error.

Not sure how this can be as access is fine through standard listing or directly.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 403 error when accessing site through featured Ad

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Michael, how are things?

This is happening only on the client side, or have you tested yourself and also received the 403?

Run some standard tests that can help you understand what's going on, such as:
- Cleaning your browser cookies and files
- Using Incognito mode
- Using another computer and even different internet

IF the error persists and it's only happening on Adwords campaigns, I recommend to contact support and explain, since it can be something on their side:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

Hope this helps.
_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Thanks for your response. I've contacted support and been told that aspects of my site were incompatible with auto-tagging (which apparently I had on).

Somewhat a pain as my entire campaign and cost may well have been wasted.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Michael, glad they could help. Did they manage to pass exactly what was causing the problem? This could help people with the same problem. Let us know Smiley Happy
_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click