AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

2 different ads under same ad group

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Can I create 2 different text ads under same ad group for different keywords:

For example: Ad 1 saying: Smartphone apps

Ad 2 saying: Mobiles apps

and I have different keywords phrase with Smartphone apps and Mobile apps. Can I do like this?

And in case I can do that, how would Google manage my ads?

Is it like my text Ad 1 saying: Smartphone apps automatically be shown with keyword phrases Smartphone apps

and

Ad 2 saying: Mobile apps automatically be shown with keyword phrases Mobile apps

Amit Verma

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amit Verma
September 2015

Re: 2 different ads under same ad group

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Any keyword from an ad group can trigger any Ad from that Ad Group. There is no direct conditioning between Ads and Keywords from the same ad group. In your case you have to create 2 ad groups to put each pair of Ad+keyword to make sure that keyword Mobile apps triggers the Ad having the words Mobile apps

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amit Verma
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Any keyword from an ad group can trigger any Ad from that Ad Group. There is no direct conditioning between Ads and Keywords from the same ad group. In your case you have to create 2 ad groups to put each pair of Ad+keyword to make sure that keyword Mobile apps triggers the Ad having the words Mobile apps

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
... and if you set up two ad groups be sure to add the other's keyword as a negative keyword to ensure that each ad group will only trigger its own ad.