AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

2 adwords accounts for 1 website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I have to adwords accounts for 1 website? I currently want to outsource 1 of my campaigns to another company to manage, but I don't want to give them access to my master account. Hence I want to pause that campaign on my master account and tell them to open a new adwords account to manage that 1 campaign to bring traffic to my website.

Is this ok? or will I get penalised by google?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 2 adwords accounts for 1 website

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
You will not get penalized as far as you run a single campaign at a time.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
StructuredPPC is correct ; as long as you do not target the same URL simultaneously from different accounts you are OK
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i called up googled adwords help for this .. and they said according to their terms & conditions, I would be violation their policies. They said even though it is a different campaign with different keywords, targeting a different url, it would still be on the same domain; so apparently you are not supposed to have 2 different accounts that advertise for the same domain name (even though its different url i.e. domain.com/url1 and domain.com/url2)

However the person I was talking to was not too sure, she just said that she found the info on their terms and conditions ... ??

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Until and unless you start running two campaigns with two separate accounts using same domain simultaneously, you will not be penalized. But this is not a best practice. If you run two campaigns with two separate accounts using same domain simultaneously then it will violets Google's policy which is called ""Double serving"".

Please refer the following links:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2600168?hl=en

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You will not be penalized if you are not running the both account at the same time. But the best strategy will be to continue with the 1 account as gradually account accrue quality score and helps in over all performance. So optimize in 1 account where you are spending more.

Ram Kr Shukla

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@ram Kr;

This is hard to control: one small mistake and you will  find yourself in a violation of the "double serving"

Ram Kr S wrote:

You will not be penalized if you are not running the both account at the same time. But the best strategy will be to continue with the 1 account as gradually account accrue quality score and helps in over all performance. So optimize in 1 account where you are spending more.

Ram Kr Shukla

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok.. So how about an account runs GDN campaign and another one runs Search campaign simultaneously. They both point to 1 domain. Is that possible?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
@Aaron; This could be done, though I wouldn't recommend it

2 adwords accounts for 1 website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV I do have one account running GDN and one running search.  Reason why is we have an outside company handling the search with their account, and I use my account for the display.  Is this in line with googles policy?  Thanks for any info