AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

131 Visits from a keyword,0% New Visits/12min avg onsite-2.89% bounce?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a massive PPC budget with Google and zero in on key words relative to our current inventory. Upon further review today we noticed 131 Clicks to a very unpopular vehicle key word seach. Even more awkward is the 0% New visitor from this click and 12 minutes on site. The bounce rate is under 3% as well.

Thats got to be about $500 down the drain. Anybody have an idea of what is going on here?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 131 Visits from a keyword,0% New Visits/12min avg onsite-2.89% bou

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Hudson,

Based on the stats provided, these are all people who previouslly visited you website before (either organically or via PPC). The time on site and Bounce rate are really good though. Are you dong any sort of remarking campaign?  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We do remarketing but it's reported under an entirely different campaign in analytics.  We believe it's a competitor typing in the same keyword multiple times per day and clicking on our ad to cost us money.  The next closest number of visitors from this keyword (2010+cube) is used toyotas for sale which is 1/5 the number of visits.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Here is how I would determine if I had someone who is trying to waste my money.

• Go into analytics and setup an advanced segment that filters for that adgroup/campaign/keyword
  • Then go to Audience >Technology > Network

If it is a single person from a network that is named it'll pop up in this list. If there is a large amount of traffic from a single IPS I would use secondary elements (such as city or metro) that it is indeed one person doing it.

If you can prove it is one person I would then contact Google about it.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I would echo JeremyL on that;

Can you check with your hosting provider the specific IPs visited the website by clicking on your ads (during this time period)? (Google does not disclose this information)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
After much research we have found there is a computer somewhere in the dealership that has cookied/cached an old ad campaign. We thought our all of our IP's were excluded but one may have been missed. Funny thing is the particular words/campaign have been paused for some time. We also have verified that we have not been charged for these " clicks "

We are now working to get it eliminated so our numbers are not skewed.

Thanks for the help. We will be actively posting here from now on. We hope to learn and help others along the way!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again Hudson N;

Thanks for updating;

Keep us posted on your campaign performance. Keep visiting!

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’