AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

10/10 Quality Score, $10 CPC and ads still not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can't figure out how to get my ads to display.  The Ad Preview tool informs me they are not showing, as well as when I hover over the box next to "Eligible" in the Status column for each keyword.

So frustrating. I have the highest CPC bid, Quality Scores of 7/10 to 10/10 and nothing is showing.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 10/10 Quality Score, $10 CPC and ads still not showing

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Adam

Ad Preview should also list a reason for not showing, does it give you any feedback ?

Are your Ads also approved ?

Can it happen because of scheduling ? ( today is weekend)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No feedback at all. The Ads are approved, but when you hover over it says, "This ad is not eligible to run on the search network."

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

What is your campaign type ? This message is typical for campaigns tagreting the Display network.

Also in some cases I have read that it can be related to suspended accounts , check for an email from google.

Other than these it could be a delay in reporting or a budget problem. For example: how is your MaxCPC compared to the estimated "First Page Bid" for that keywords and how many clicks does your Daily Budget cover ?

If the daily budget barely covers 5 clicks and you already received 4 it is possible that the serving of Ads stops.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have $10 CPC and $10K per day budget. Recommended CPC is ~$3.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

What keywords are you targeting?

++

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hostels in rio de janeiro
hostel rio
cheap hotel rio
(and about 30 other variations like budget accommodations in brazil, etc)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
When have you launched your campaigns?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Adam,

Since there seems to be an account specific problem rather than a usual problem, please contact support first thing monday morning. Contact details are here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

Top Contributor Alumni
# 10
Top Contributor Alumni

The Ad test does not work for Display network campaigns, it only works for campaigns set to serve ads on the Search networks. 

Because of this, I assume your campaign is set to serve on the Display network, but please confirm where you're trying to serve ads. (It makes a difference in figuring out what might be going on.)

Also, on the Ads tab of your campaign, the status column should stil provide at least a "pending review" or "eligible" message. What message(s) do you see?

If the message is "pending review" then you need to be patient. All new ads have to go through review before being approved to serve traffic. While this process is normally very fast, there are times when it takes a couple of days.

Assuming that your ads are approved, go to the Billing area and make certain there were no problems with the payment method you entered. 

I have more ideas for what you can check but I need to know for certan what network(s) you're trying to serve. It would also be useful to know when you started your campaign--how new it is.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*