AdWords
783 members online now
783 members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

1 impression, 2 clicks billed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

good day,

why do I get charged for 2 clicks when I only see 1 impression? during a time 1hr time frame I will have just 1 visitor (CTR) but will be charged for 2?

also I notice that I will get charged for a click when I would have no active visitors during a hour time frame. today on my campaign I got charge for a click in the 7am time frame, but when I went to Google analytics there was no active visitors during that time to my site.

I have notice these two issues a couple of times now.

any information would be great.

Thanks,

Mike

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: 1 impression, 2 clicks billed?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

1. It is not unusual to see a discrepancy in the numbers reported for AdWords clicks and Google Analytics visits. That's because visits and clicks are 2 different animals.

2. The rest of the issue is most probably caused by late reporting between Google's servers. Re-visit this question in a few days, setting your time-frame back to May 7. Chances are you'll notice that everything has rectified meanwhile.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

1. It is not unusual to see a discrepancy in the numbers reported for AdWords clicks and Google Analytics visits. That's because visits and clicks are 2 different animals.

2. The rest of the issue is most probably caused by late reporting between Google's servers. Re-visit this question in a few days, setting your time-frame back to May 7. Chances are you'll notice that everything has rectified meanwhile.

Best,

Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

Another thing to keep in mind is that AdWords stats are not updated in real-time. There can be a delay of several hours. Watching today's results is often a non-productive exercise because of this. It's really better to analyze yesterday's results today as the data will be more complete.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

pete,

that's another small issues I have. I have never been  able to see yesterdays information today. I have too go back two days to see any data, but that's a problem for another topic.  but I understand what you are saying.