AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

1 Adgroup having 2 Ads On which Sitelinks Showing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to run 2 ads in this order: one with sitelinks and the other without sitelinks. How do I set this ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JoMo (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: 1 Adgroup having 2 Ads On which Sitelinks Showing.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Here are some ways to think about that

1, Sitelinks are not always guaranteed they only show up when you have high QS and your ads are shown at top

2. Sitelink extension can be added at campaign level settings

3. So you will have to create to separate campaigns but if your targetting and kw are same then it really wont work.

I dont think what you want can be achieved but hope this clears the doubts you have

Regards

nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mof (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi imranlodhi,

You have good advice here. Sitelink extensions are set at campaign level and therefore can potentially serve with all ads in that campaign. Bearing this in mind, the only way to ensure that they show for one ad and not another is to create the ads in separate campaigns, one with sitelinks extensions and the other without.

However, as theniks mentions, if your keywords and targeting are very similar in both campaigns, there is no guarantee that the ad with sitelinks will show over the ad without them for a particular search query - Other factors such as ad rank and relevance will determine which ad is served if your keywords etc. are the same in both campaigns.

Also, you should ensure that your keywords have a good quality score, CTR (click-through-rate) and high average position to increase the likelihood of your siltelink extensions showing with your ad text(s). 

Further details and best practices for setting up sitelink extensions can be found here:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375416

I hope this helps. 

Best regards,

JoMo

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Two separate campaigns I believe.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JoMo (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Here are some ways to think about that

1, Sitelinks are not always guaranteed they only show up when you have high QS and your ads are shown at top

2. Sitelink extension can be added at campaign level settings

3. So you will have to create to separate campaigns but if your targetting and kw are same then it really wont work.

I dont think what you want can be achieved but hope this clears the doubts you have

Regards

nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mof (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi imranlodhi,

You have good advice here. Sitelink extensions are set at campaign level and therefore can potentially serve with all ads in that campaign. Bearing this in mind, the only way to ensure that they show for one ad and not another is to create the ads in separate campaigns, one with sitelinks extensions and the other without.

However, as theniks mentions, if your keywords and targeting are very similar in both campaigns, there is no guarantee that the ad with sitelinks will show over the ad without them for a particular search query - Other factors such as ad rank and relevance will determine which ad is served if your keywords etc. are the same in both campaigns.

Also, you should ensure that your keywords have a good quality score, CTR (click-through-rate) and high average position to increase the likelihood of your siltelink extensions showing with your ad text(s). 

Further details and best practices for setting up sitelink extensions can be found here:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375416

I hope this helps. 

Best regards,

JoMo