AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

1:1:1 tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For better tracking, I am thinking of setting up some of my campaigns with the following configuration: 1 Ad Group, 1 Call Extension,  1 Keyword.  Does anybody know if this will have an impact on my Quality Score?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karishma (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: 1:1:1 tracking

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Autum,
Actually, this isn't a bad idea and when I've worked like this in the past, it's only improved quality score (ads are hyper relevant).

The problem is that match types will only take you so far in this scenario. You'll be missing out on potentially a lot of traffic from keyword variations (if you are using only one keyword).

You can however add TIGHTLY THEMED keywords into the adgroup over time. A good strategy is to use broad match or a BMM and add keywords slowly, ensuring that they're SUPER SUPER relevant.

This wont inherently reduce your QS in so far as the structure wont impact it. If your CTR is poorer than it is otherwise, it WILL suffer, but you knew that already Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karishma (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: 1:1:1 tracking

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Autum,
Actually, this isn't a bad idea and when I've worked like this in the past, it's only improved quality score (ads are hyper relevant).

The problem is that match types will only take you so far in this scenario. You'll be missing out on potentially a lot of traffic from keyword variations (if you are using only one keyword).

You can however add TIGHTLY THEMED keywords into the adgroup over time. A good strategy is to use broad match or a BMM and add keywords slowly, ensuring that they're SUPER SUPER relevant.

This wont inherently reduce your QS in so far as the structure wont impact it. If your CTR is poorer than it is otherwise, it WILL suffer, but you knew that already Smiley Happy