1.7K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

youtube video lenght

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Can youtube video ads in-stream be 5 sec long? If in general, the ad can be skipped after 5 sec and view count starts from 30sec or till the video ends, then every impression would count as a view?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Magnet M
September 2015

Re: youtube video lenght

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Magnet,

Yes, its possible to upload a video of 5 secs long. However, you will not get every view for free. The policy, as you rightly mentioned says that a view is recorded after viewer watches for 30 secs or at the end of the video whichever is earlier (in your case at the end of the video). Yes, every impression to your video will be a view and you will be charged. However the point to note here is that you will have a 100% view rate, if that matters.

Regards
Rohit Khanna

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Magnet.
The minimum length is 12 seconds.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2679940?hl=en

You will be charged for the view after the 12 seconds/the video ends as the 30 second charge limit never comes. Hope that helps.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
it only says 12sec is recommended, not required. So if i have a 5 sec video, i can still use it?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Magnet,
No, I think it's actually a requirement. If it is indeed possible to upload a 5 second ad, one of two things will happen.

1) You'll not be charged for the first 5 seconds so you'll have unlimited free ads across an infinite number of keywords. Unlimited free advertising forever.

2) You'll be charged for viewers watching the full ad EVERY time.

Somehow, I don't think Google would allow the first scenario, and you can't win in the second.

I don't see how you can get your message across effectively in 5 seconds anyway. Do you have a reason why you're asking about such short video ads?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Magnet M
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Magnet,

Yes, its possible to upload a video of 5 secs long. However, you will not get every view for free. The policy, as you rightly mentioned says that a view is recorded after viewer watches for 30 secs or at the end of the video whichever is earlier (in your case at the end of the video). Yes, every impression to your video will be a view and you will be charged. However the point to note here is that you will have a 100% view rate, if that matters.

Regards
Rohit Khanna