3.3K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

youtube and adwords is misleading for newbies

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

From the point of clicking promote video on youtube to the finishing of entering all info on adwords and clicking submit there is not a single mention of CPV. For example when one enters campaign spending amount, one is under the impression that that is the amount that the service will cost. There is nowhere a mention of "hey additional to this amount we will charge you for CPV".

I am not saying youtube and adwords are not profitable for many people. I am just saying I can think of many different designs that could easily show a new user just how much they are spending. It is obvious that the current design is meant to confuse a new user in to spending A LOT more than they are willing at the beginning. You can go ahead and reply with your generic "well it's your fault for not educating your self bla bla bla", but an analogy to show just how ridiculous that statement would be if a pizzeria charged you one thing for pizza and delivery and then showed up with another bill stating they also had to charge you a random amount for the mileage and then stated "well you should of educated your self". Educate my self as in, you just tell me before hand that this exists and telling me what the amount is would be like educating my self. Thanks.

Re: youtube and adwords is misleading for newbies

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I set up a budget of $20 to be used up over 14 days at $1.43. I had to cancel the campaign after two days because in one day it had a spike of 4500 views and my total charge for the campaign is $80. I just think CPV should be mentioned prior to one signing up for a campaign.