Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

video ad app download store

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

With ads in the main AdWords interface, when creating an app-download-ad the system will recognise which type of OS the user is using (Android or iOS) and choose the correct landingpage based on that, no matter ad group or campaign settings.

But I am not 100% sure that applies also to app-download-ads for video-ads, it´snt stated clearly on this page.

Do I need to create a campaign targeting a specific OS? Does anyone know for sure?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: video ad app download store

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi

As you said, AdWords selects the right landing page, based on the OS, for 'App/Digital content ads'. However, for InStream ads in Video campaigns, landing page is static and doesn't change as per the user's OS.

So you'd have to create two campaigns (one for Android and another for iOS) and select the appropriate OS under Advanced Settings>Devices. See the screen grab below:

Thanks,
Sumanth

Video_OS.png

Sumanth Sridhar

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Sumanth

Do you know that by experience or can you refer to any written documentation?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi David,

I know this by experience, as Video campaigns do not have an option to specify both istore and play store landing pages yet. It'd be good to see such a feature.. I couldn'nt find an article on this anywhere..
Sumanth Sridhar

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

David is referring to a different option of Video Ad . I think it is not necessary to have different campaigns as the App install ad for android will only run on the youtube app for android in which your video will play and the same goes for the iOS version. So if you set in the Video ad level the link to an android app to promote, the video will only target users with the youtube mobile app for android. You will get no traffic for your video ad from youtube running on iOS or desktop for promoting an android app.

All the traffic you will get will be from the youtube mobile app if it is installed on the phones. For example people viewing a video from a phone browser accessing youtube.com will not view your video ad for promoting an app install.

The help page says "Targeting .... will depend on the operating system of the app you select"

targeting-video-ad-level.png

mobile-app-promotion-inside-youtube-on-mobile.png

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Thanks for pitching in Adrian!

This campaign type is currently in Beta and I wasn't sure if it'd be available in his account.
But this is the perfect campaign type to suit his requirement.

HC here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549053?hl=en
Sumanth Sridhar

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
You´re correct Adrian, that´s what I meant. I suspect your interpretation is correct also, but do need to know for sure. I´ll try and let you know.

/ David