AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

"Include video partners" when targeting specific Youtube videos?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi.  I created an "In Stream" campaign to target specific Youtube videos and Youtube channels with my video ad.  Under campaign settings, I have unchecked "Youtube Search" but I have checked "Youtube Videos."  For this campaign, I already have a specific list of Youtube videos and Youtube channels I have already targeted under the "placements" option.

Now my question is the "Include video partners" checkbox that is under the "Youtube Videos" checkbox.  If the Youtube videos I am already targeting in "placements" are also embedded on 3rd party websites, of course I don't mind targeting those videos as well.  But if I check the "Include video partners" checkbox and my ad is shown on random videos that I don't want to target, of course that's a waste of money for me.

So what how will checking the "Include video partners" checkbox affect me?  Do I need to check this checkbox if I want my ad to be shown on 3rd party websites that embed the Youtube videos I am targeting in "placements"?  Or should I leave the "Include video partners" unchecked because my ad will be shown in unrelated videos that I am not targeting which would be a waste of money for me?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2016

Re: "Include video partners" when targeting specific Youtube videos?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Gadwin S,

Checking video partners wouldn't deviate from the primary targeting method which is placements in this case. It is an additional feature to serve ads on partner sites where the targeted video is being played.

Similar to search partners in a way - primary targeting is keywords but the site being searched is different Smiley Happy
Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Gadwin S,

Checking video partners wouldn't deviate from the primary targeting method which is placements in this case. It is an additional feature to serve ads on partner sites where the targeted video is being played.

Similar to search partners in a way - primary targeting is keywords but the site being searched is different Smiley Happy
Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi. Thanks for your answer but I would like to clarify with an example.  So let's say I have a campaign with only one ad that targets a single video "123".  I want to display ads for this video "123" only.  Let's say Google has a partner site, xyz.com, that has embedded the video "123".  Google's partner site xyz.com also shows other videos, such as "abc" and "def".  I don't want my ad to play on videos "abc" or "def" because those are unrelated videos that won't attract the right customers for me.

So now I check the "Include video partners" checkbox.  After checking "Include video partners" checkbox, I have 2 questions when videos play at the site xyz.com:

1) Provided I outbid my competitors, my ad should play on the embedded video "123" at xyz.com, correct?

2) xyz.com plays other videos such as "abc" and "def".  However, my ad shouldn't play in videos "abc" and "def" because I am not targeting these videos, correct?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Yes, that's right; because you're targeting the video and not the site that's playing it.
Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for your help!