AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

is a 'Google adwords for video' account different from my other adwords account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to promote some videos through adwords on youtube since you, now I already have an adwords account that I made a couple years ago, (with a different email address than what my youtube channel uses) and when I click 'promote' for a video I end up having to create a 'google adwords for video' account with the email or google account that my channel is used with.

are we able to create more than one adwords account? because I know we are only allowed one adsense account, I was wondering if it works the same.

or am I supposed to somehow use the existing adwords account I made a few years ago with this? and how? thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords for video

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Jordan; welcome;

It's good that you are asking in advance. This forum has had many instances of those who had not asked, and at the end, found their account suspended...Smiley Surprised

Per the Double Serving you can promote your website / or your YouTube channel using one account;

However, since last year Google has merged, YouTube video ads into Adwords to create one uniform advertising platform.

Read more:

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

alright so do I have to link my new youtube channel to my adwords account then? (my adwords account is already linked to my old youtube channel)

I noticed there seems to be an option of linking a new youtube account to your adwords account, I guess thats what I'm supposed to do then?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi there Jordan, 

Yes, we would recommend that you link your YouTube account to your AdWords account to help your video ads to run. 

To link your accounts, click Link your YouTube account from the AdWords for video side navigation menu on any AdWords for video campaign page.

Bear in mind that if you want to you can also link more than one YouTube account to your AdWords account.

Hope this helps!

A.