1.9K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

interest targeting

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Can interest targeting be removed from the targeting group setting? It appears as if all ads will include interest targeting whether you want to use that type of targeting or not. There is no way to remove it and it just says any interest when I choose not to select an interest. Why does that targeting not have an option to remove? This means any ads running for anyone are using interest targeting.which does not make sense to me.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: interest targeting

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Val,

You should be able to remove Interest Targeting option as long as you have another method to target your ads. Interest Targeting are not exclusive and definitely does not run for anyone.

You can take a look at every type of targeting here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704368?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you but nope you can't remove it. It is setup just like demographics where you can edit and you don't have to select anything but it still shows as any interest. Look at one of your ads to see it can't be removed.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Val, sorry, I might have misunderstood your question.

Can you post a screenshot for us? Don't forget to hide your e-mail and account ID.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I talked to Google support and basically they said when setting up your targeting group for your bid, demographics and such you have the option of adding interest targets and it defaults to "any" where you can edit it and select your interest.

If you don't want any interest you just leave it blank and you can verify that it is blank once your ad and targeting group is setup by going to that targeting group and interest should show (0).

Google is weird why not just be able to deselect it and be done. But I got it. Thank you.