2.4K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

instream ads exact cost

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a question about the in-stream ads offered by YouTube. What is the exact cpm ( cost per 1000 views)? Does it vary depending on the length of the ad? For example, what is the cpm for 15 seconds and the cpm for a 30 seconds? 

Also, if I'm paying for the views and no one clicks on the ad, do I get it for free?
1 Expert replyverified_user

instream ads exact cost

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hey Samar,

you are almost correct. With CPM you pay for 1000 impressions, not views. CPV is cost per view and that is depended on lengt of the video ad - only pay if someone sees the whole ad or 30s of it(depends of which comes first) or if someone interacts with ad - click the URL and so on.

If you choose CPM and someone clicks on ad, you dont pay anything extra for that click since you pay for 1000 impressions and not clicks.

Tomáš

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
March 2017

instream ads exact cost

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@samar d, avoid posting same question in multiple threads.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Youtube-in-stream-ads/m-p/11054...

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’