AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

how to calculate cost per engagement media plan for PPC campaign ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I want to know how to calculate cost per engagement cost of a Video campaign based food niche ?

i need something which is achievable for me.

Regards

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how to calculate cost per engagement media plan for PPC campaign ?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Pulkit,

There is no sure shot way of estimating the CPE rate here since neither the Keyword Planner or the Display Planner provide you with an option to estimate engagement numbers.

The best way to do this is to get in touch with a Google rep and they can help you get some ball park figures. Other than this, you can only refer to any other Engagement campaign that you or your colleagues have ran in the past and take your learnings from there. I would look my colleagues campaign performance and estimate the CPE that I can work with and then extrapolate the engagement and other needed metrics accordingly.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Atlast someone did reply

hearty thanks mate.

any vague figure that you can give from your experience...which is easy to achieve for "baby clothes appraisal and shoes" niche...
This figure will be a help.
as we haven't run engagement based ads before neither in GDN nor in Youtube..
Your real time figures will give me some idea.
about engagement cost in youtube and GDN.

Regards

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
I am sorry pulkit, I couldn't help you earlier. Next time, you can specifically call out to me using the @ reference in your posts.

As for the reference figures, I really can't give you a perfect answer here but I can tell you that irrespective of the industry you can take a average CPE of approximately Rs.3.50 or maybe even Rs. 3 for YouTube and slightly more (closer to) Rs. 6 or Rs. 8 for the GDN campaigns. As you must be aware, GDN campaign CPC's can be a bit more expensive as compared to Search.

I would still recommend that you start the campaigns with these numbers in mind and when you see the actual numbers, you try and optimize your campaigns to maintain them around your projected numbers.

Hope this makes sense!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks mate , first time in forum and i extremely satisfied with answer, just want to know that rate of youtube is almost equal to CPV cost. so does that mean CPV and CPE cost are almost equal ?
GDN i guess its way less than CPC cost that fluctuates around 30-50 mark...so 1/5th of CPC cost should be ideal right ?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pulkit Thakur
September 2015

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Pulkit,

Thanks for the feedback here.

To answer your this time around with at most certainty, I took a look into some of the Engagement campaigns that my colleagues are running. Here are my observations, CPE and CPV can differ a lot, the CPE cumbers tend to be higher than CPV which is why I suggest you look at your estimated CPV and then increase it by approx 20-25% and work with this number. Not an exact science I realise, but its the best that I can offer at the moment.

Other than this, again I took at the GDN numbers for CPE and it does not have to be 1/5th the CPC number. It can vary by upto the half the CPC number, so I would suggest you take the half of your average CPC on GDN as a reference point for CPE.

Again, I would just like to point that these are all estimates and as I had mentioned earlier, they tend to differ from vertical to vertical. The best estimates can be obtained with the help of a Google rep, if you can contact one, I recommend you run these numbers and your requirements by them once.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pulkit,

From my past experience & learnings an average CPE which you can look at is from Rs.3-7.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
Rinkal

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
thnx rinkal. for you answers.

Jai shree krishna