5.2K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

how to advertise my music video on youtube

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

need to create a campaign to advertise some of my music videos from my youtube channel please help with a video link or any easy way tutorial

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how to advertise my music video on youtube

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@GB MC Z

Here is the basic "how to" page that includes a video and more detailed informational pages: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375497?hl=en

Instead of advertising the videos directly, you may want to consider making a quick, 15 second, personal video about you as the artist. Introduce yourself, describe your style, inspirations, etc., and offer the viewer a personal invitation to check out your channel to see your music videos.  Even ask them to leave you feedback.

I think in-stream ads would be your best choice.  You can sponsor more popular music videos that are in your genre, and you only pay when someone watches the entire thing. They can only skip the ad after 5 seconds, so make sure you state your name and purpose in that first 5 seconds. Even if they click skip, you've still gotten your face and name in front of them for free.  

Make sure to make use of companion banners because they stay on the watch page after your ad is over.  It increases the chances of them visiting your channel after the video they wanted to watch is over.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @GB MC Z,

EDIT: @David K and I posted at the same time, so I did not see his very useful reply. Between the two answers... you are well covered!

A TrueView video campaign is ideally suited to your task. You can learn more about TrueView video campaigns with this easy to follow YouTube Help File. If you visit this link, you can see how quick the setup is... and get a $100 credit when you spend $25 (if it is your first ad). Look at the bottom of the page.

You can dig into much more with the main YouTube Help File covering TrueView ads, which are YouTube video ads for AdWords.

If these resources are too much to take in, at the moment, please check out YouTube Creator Academy or post back any specific questions and we will be happy to help. Since advertising is a dynamic process, I wanted to provide a solid base of resources for you to best grasp the ins & outs.   

Kind Regards,

James

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@GB MC Z

agree with @J Clemens that the YouTube Creator Academy is worth looking at. Your videos look well done, so I'm sure it's something you and your team will pick up quickly.