# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1 Expert replyverified_user

Different company's using same Video ad. Attaining Youtube copyright permission

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tiago M,

What the folks here are really experts in is campaign management and therefore we can only tangentially discuss issues associated with copyright. First of all because that's a domain where Google is subject to legislative measures and court decisions. What I can do  is to point my finger into the right direction for you so that you can hopefully make a sound judgement on your own.

Variations of such issues are governed by the so-called DMCA Act - the Digital Millennium Copyright Act - that is a United States copyright law passed in October of 1998. (If you reside outside the US, you need to find the local equivalent.) The principal policy is that Googly only accepts a DMCA infringement notice on condition that it is filed by the copyright owner or an authorized representative. In your particular case it would mean that complaints will only be accepted by Google if they are filed by yourself, the copyright owner. 

You can read more about it in the material linked-to below.

***   Copyrights   ***

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6018015?hl=en

Please learn that the above is my best educated guess and should not be regarded as professional advice. In case you are uncertain you are suggested to seek advice from a specialized legal practitioner.

Best,

Lakatos