AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

ads are serving and approved but views are at zero?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just set up my adwords account yesterday and had my first video ad approved yesterday as well. Yet when I look at the stats it says my ad has not been viewed and and has not cost me anything. The ad is also apparently "serving", so why is it that my ad hasn't played for anyone yet, does processing really take this long or is it stuck in some limbo?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ads are serving and approved but views are at zero?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Delsaber8,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

Are other campaigns serving in the account? What's the targeting criteria in the Video Campaign? Ads may not serve if you have too many targeting (like keywords+placements+topics+demo) in a single targeting group, as it becomes too narrow. Please check and let us know, so we can troubleshoot further.

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have all ages, all genders and two custom interests and I believe I have chosen the ad to display in the uk, the us and canada. I also have one impression whatever that means?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Thanks for the info, Delsaber8.

Could you go to the ads tab, edit the ad (from pencil icon) and let us know if 'InStream' & 'InDisplay' are selected? Also please let us know what's the amount you're bidding for the targeting group. May be it isn't sufficient for ads to serve.

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have both selected and I think my bidding amount is $0.02, also after checking the ad for the Indisplay and InStream it is under review again despite nothing being changed.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author delsaber8
September 2015

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Thanks for the info again.

It is more likely that the bid amount isn't sufficient to win the auction or competition. While there isn't a benchmark or bid estimates for a video campaign, you can increase your bid to see the impact. As you've received an impression, I don't think there are any major issues with ads or billing.

Feel free to write back with questions if that doesn't help.

Good luck,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar