4.9K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I saw this community is for google partner support.
Can i ask my one youtube question here because i am partner with youtube.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Youtube

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Sure you can! Ask away so someone can offer some help to you.

Have a great weekend and be Google great!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello ,

Everyone knows that call to action overlay in youtube video is free and can be set via adwords account only.But it asks how much money you are willing to pay and we have to fill the price their irrespective of the fact that its free.

(I am already running call to action in one of my video from 6 months and its totally free but as i said i was need to fill the price when i was creating it otherwise adwords were not allowing me to create CTA.
So i just fill random price because i was not in any fear as i did not even linked my card to my adwords account or you can say that i knew its free)

So now my question is if i will deposit money in adwords account now or say if ill link my card then will it charge me because basically i have have fill the price there earlier so i am thinking that it will charge me ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Adwords will charge you. Adwords is a paid advertising platform whereas it is not free. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
But CTA is free sir.

If they charges for this then how i and many other are able to run free CTA from years ?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Please take a look at this help file from Google regarding Youtube ads. 

TrueView video ads are billed on a cost-per-view (CPV) basis, which means you pay when a viewer watches 30 seconds of your video (or the duration if it's shorter than 30 seconds) or engages in other video interactions, such as clicks on call-to-action overlays (CTAs), card teasers or icons, or companion banners.

The thing to remember is that adding videos and using YouTube is free. So, use all of the features to optimize your videos on the YouTube platform and do it for free. 

Using Adwords in any capacity is not free. When we add videos to our client's YouTube channels, we can add features on YouTube for no cost... but if we add those videos to Adwords, we are employing Video Marketing, which costs money.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni
It will not charge you until you set up an ad and the ad is approved and gets views. you st your maximum bid and your budget when you create your first ad.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
That is correct, Mike.

But it does charge.... as Adwords is not free to use.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
@Mike ,

Hello Sir ,

1) e.g this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HYNu15tNds

Its using free CTA and free clicks on landing to their website.So you mean when this video will be used as a ad on youtube (Display/steam) then this CTA will start charging ?

And its obvious that i would like to decrease the price as much as i want so if its in my hand then what is the minimum price i can fill their because i filled the random price earlier.

2) And according to the reports can you tell me how much Conversion rate is going on in 2016 for e commerce websites.
Reference - www.electricstyles.com

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager

Thanks for the collaboration everyone! I am going to move this thread over to the AdWords for Video board in the AdWords Community to continue the discussion there.

For Partners specific questions or topics of discussion, feel free to post on the Partners Community!

Krisha