AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube interactive cards - are they active during Video Ads play ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have been reading about the new "interactive cards" which will replace annotations on youtube from here :

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6140493?hl=en&ref_topic=6140492

I would like to know if these "cards" are setup over a video which is used as a TrueView In-Stream Ad, will they be shown over the video ? I would like to use this feature to show a call to action and a link to the website.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Youtube interactive cards - are they active during Video Ads play

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

These interactive card ads will be shown over the video, on right side and will cover only about 1/4th of the total video ad screen.

But it will not appear automatically. One has to click on a button on top right corner of the video to show "interactive cards" before showing it. And it will be chargeable as soon as anyone has clicked on the button displayed on top right corner of the video, even if that person don't see the ad later.

Regards,
Ashish

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
I take it as a yes , the Cards will be displayed on the video even when it plays as a TrueView In-Tream Ad.

Ok , thank you.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, the Cards will be displayed on the video even when it plays as a TrueView In-stream Ad.

Glad to be of some help to you!

Regards,
Ashish

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tried it and seems that they don't appear in a trueview campaign. Does this need a special setting at campaign level?

Also, allowed domains to be entered as approved retailers is ridiculous at least here in Spain