Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube Search Algorithm

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with YouTube Search. I've set the campaign targeting only YouTube Search, using In Display ads, demographic criteria (unknown exluded) and a competitive CPV similar to Google Search CPC.

my ads don't display at each query so I've been searching for the YouTube Search Algorithm to identify the criteria that YouTube uses to display an ad or another. do you have any info on this?

also I don't have information similar to Google Search like "below first page bid" or "low search volume" that could help me identify the problem.

thank you

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Youtube Search Algorithm

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Catalina, how are things?

I don't know about the algorithm, but what usually determines if an Ad is going to appear to "every query" or not is the delivery method at the campaign settings.

You can choose between Standard and Accelerated. On Standard, Google will do it's best for your ads to appear during every hour of the day, hence, your ads will not appear sometimes, because Google will save some money for later.

On Accelerated method, you'll appear for every query (where your ads meet the quality and auction criteria) as long as you have money for that. This usually tends to use your money very fast, so be aware of that if you choose to select this one.

You can find more information regarings this, here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404248?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Catalina,

Which targeting options you have used?
check the match type of keywords.
Try to test with different text in your ads to make more relevant.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i'm using keywords & demographics, excluding unknown

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
You can test without using demographic targeting to increase your ads reach.
Also test those keywords which are not triggering the ads with changed keyword match type.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’