star_border

Youtube In-stream ads Pricing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello !

Gonna run Youtube In-stream ads.

I am gonna set Maximum budget per day is 1000 INR and Max per CPV is 5 INR.

Let's say I am running an In-stream ad. 20 Seconds ad. User clicked on ad and visiting my site before ad complete.

Now Will Google charge more than 5 INR per click ? coz I set max CPV is 5 INR

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sutharsan N
January 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, 

Cost-per-view (CPV) bidding is the default way to set the amount you'll pay for TrueView video ads in AdWords. With CPV bidding, you pay for video views or interactions (such as clicks on call-to-action overlays, cards, and companion banners). A view is counted when someone watches 30 seconds of your video ad (or the duration if it's shorter than 30 seconds) or interacts with the ad, whichever comes first.

Actual CPV is often less than max CPV (your max bid) because with the AdWords auction, you pay no more than what's needed to rank higher than the advertiser immediately below you.

Two elements affect the actual CPV you pay: Quality Score and Ad Rank. Your Quality Score is a measure of how relevant your ad is to a customer, and includes multiple performance factors like view rates. Once your Quality Score is determined, it's multiplied by your max CPV bid to rank your ads among other advertisers- ad ramk. 

Here's more information on the overall auction: 

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/160525?hl=en

-Julia

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

no it would only charge you your max cpv.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Sutharsan N,

CPV means cost per view, AdWords only charges on your video views it will not be applicable for clicks.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sutharsan N
January 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, 

Cost-per-view (CPV) bidding is the default way to set the amount you'll pay for TrueView video ads in AdWords. With CPV bidding, you pay for video views or interactions (such as clicks on call-to-action overlays, cards, and companion banners). A view is counted when someone watches 30 seconds of your video ad (or the duration if it's shorter than 30 seconds) or interacts with the ad, whichever comes first.

Actual CPV is often less than max CPV (your max bid) because with the AdWords auction, you pay no more than what's needed to rank higher than the advertiser immediately below you.

Two elements affect the actual CPV you pay: Quality Score and Ad Rank. Your Quality Score is a measure of how relevant your ad is to a customer, and includes multiple performance factors like view rates. Once your Quality Score is determined, it's multiplied by your max CPV bid to rank your ads among other advertisers- ad ramk. 

Here's more information on the overall auction: 

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/160525?hl=en

-Julia