Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube In-stream ad showing only on 2 out of 16 placements I defined

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm running a video campaign with in-stream ads. To make sure my ads appear in relevant places I chose 16 placements (Youtube channels) for my ads to appear on. It's been a couple of days now and I see my ads are showing on ONLY 2 of the channels I chose.

Why could that be?

Many thanks!

Maya 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Maya B

Make sure your Max CPV is high enough. For Managed placement, the bids are generally high as you are restricting Google to show only on few videos.

Regards

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you @Taranjeet s

After some time with no indication, now the canpaign status changed to "limited by budget". 

The recomendation Adwords gives me is to raise my daily budget, should I raise the Max CPV as well?

I'm not sure what is a reasonable Max CPV, do you have any recommendation from your experience Smiley Happy?

Thanks again,

Maya

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maya B
November 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Maya B

Max CPV depends on the location where you are targeting. Also the CPV may depend on the auction i.e. how many advertisers are bidding on that video.

Yes you have to increase the daily budget and if you have set it too low & if Google estimates CPV is more than your daily bduget. Generally CPV can be between $ 0.05-0.40* (depending on location & targeting) but for managed placement you may have to increase your CPV by 2x or more. You can keep increasing max CPV until you don't get any impressions.

Also it depends on the daily views on that targeted video as well.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Taranjeet s thanks so much for sharing your knowledge! gonna follow your advice and start experimenting Smiley Happy