AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube: How To Track Which Keywords Are Converting.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

I've been struggling to understand how to setup tracking to see which keywords are converting well for me.

So from the video, the visitor clicks the link to go to my landing page. They optin, and then get taken to my offer. Problem is I'm working in the blind here. I don't know which keywords are bringing in the conversions and sales.

Here's my funnel: Video => Squeeze page => Offer

I want to know which keywords turned into leads and sales. Let's assume I have the ability to put a pixel on the pages if necessary.

I consulted a friend who only added the {keyword} parameter to my link and that's it. How does that on its own do anything? Please help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Tariq,

Good question.

You'll want to install Google AdWords conversion tracking on your website.

Here's how to get started: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en

I hope that's helpful!

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the quick reply John Horn.

Do I need the parameter then? And if I do, where? On all my links? Just the offer link? 

Thanks.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Tariq,

The parameter is unnecessary, but it's fine to include it. The only reason you need the parameter is if you use it in some way on your landing page (e.g. if you want to pass it through a hidden field in a form, or if you want to use dynamic text on your landing page based upon what keyword is in the url).

The parameter is unrelated to the AdWords conversion tracking code you would want to install on your website.

I hope that helps!

John