1.9K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube Channels as Placement

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear All, i am running a video ad campaign inside Adwords. I configured three adgroups based on target criteria as follows

1. InStream - Topics - Demographics

2. InStream - Interest - Demographics

3. InStream - Channel - Demographics

I added popular youtube channels to the list especially which has more views and subscribers. I have two questions

1. When i select Youtube channel as placement, where does the InStream video ad shows . Does it appears on channel page or inside a specific video

2.  Also, i saw not many impressions or views getting from Channel adgroup, though i have selected channels that have more subscribers and video views.

3. How are the instream ads shown when i selected specific list of youtube channels

4. Is it recommended to use Discovery ad while using specific list of youtube channels

Appreciate your suggestion here.

Thank You

-Shoeb

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Youtube Channels as Placement

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Spoiler

1. When i select Youtube channel as placement, where does the InStream video ad shows . Does it appears on channel page or inside a specific video1. When i select Youtube channel as placement, where does the InStream video ad shows . Does it appears on channel page or inside a specific video

3.How are the instream ads shown when i selected specific list of youtube channels

When you select the particular Video channel, your ads appear on all videos which come under this URL.

Spoiler

Also, i saw not many impressions or views getting from Channel adgroup, though i have selected channels that have more subscribers and video views.

I know, you have added the video channel which has a large number of the subscriber and video list, but you don't know how many subscribers do you have in your target location.

Spoiler
4. Is it recommended to use Discovery ad while using specific list of youtube channels

No, as you have already added the keywords in the campaign.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Youtube Channels as Placement

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Rajesh, so you mean discovery ads should be used only with keywords target criteria. My video ad will be appearing when user's searched keyword is matched with my list of keywords. And i guess, all my keyword list will be broad match.