AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube Ads: destination page, channel or video page?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm creating a youtube ad for a video from my channel.

Over there there is an optin for the destination page. I can either show at my channel or at the video page itself.

My question is:

if I set the destination page as my channel, will Youtube/Adwords dynamically change my video channel trailer to suit the ad that the person just clicked?

Or will it show the default trailer?

Because since I promote more than one video per time, it's impossible to set one channel trailer for all.

But I do prefer the channel view (I have more control) than the video page view.

But if that is not possible, I will simply just promote to send it to the video page.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bruno M
September 2015

Re: Youtube Ads: destination page, channel or video page?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Bruno,

Welcome to the Community!

YouTube channel trailer is shown to users who haven't subscribed to the channel. This is a feature of YouTube. channel and unfortunately, AdWords doesn't have any control over it. I'd prefer using a video watch page as the landing page, for the fact that it would be more relevant and specific to the ad.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Re: Youtube Ads: destination page, channel or video page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth,

thanks for the answer Smiley Happy

Yeah, I thought that there was some line that *might* indicate that they would dinamically replace the video (it's in portuguese but it's something with "video separator")

But yeah, better make sure and point to the video page.

Thanks!