Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

YouTube search keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Community, 

I am wondering why if Keywords are added into one of my Targeting groups, I am not seeing any search queries listed under "YouTube search keywords" under "Where your ads were shown"? I am looking at several months worth of data. The impressions for the targeting group is in the thousands but somehow there is no data under YouTube search keywords. Could it just be because nobody searched those terms? I find that highly unlikely as they are pretty broad terms.

In addition, I want to confirm that if Keyword is added on top of Demographic and Interests. It means that the ad will be shown to someone who is within that demographic AND have that interest AND typed in that keyword? Trying to think if that's the reason why there isn't any data.

Looking forward to seeing great insights from y'all. 

Chenchen

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: YouTube search keywords

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Chenchen,

You're right about targeting criteria. Multiple targeting narrows down your target audience. However, I'd like to ask if you've created InDisplay ads in the campaign? In case you haven't, you wouldn't see any data for YouTube keywords, as InStream ads do not run on keywords. Could you check & get back?
Sumanth Sridhar

Re: YouTube search keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth,

Thanks for your recommendation. I am opt into both InDisplay and InStream which was why I was surprised to not see anything under search query. I just noticed that the views for YouTube Search (under Segment by Network) is 0. Could this be the reason? There are however Impressions. I wonder why Search queries for YouTube Search wouldn't be populated based on impressions. Since the reason why you are seeing the ad, is because you typed in a keyword that is being bid on. Hope I explained my confusion clear enough Smiley Happy

Look forward to your insights! Thanks for your time!!

Regards,
chenchen