3.3K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

YouTube and SEM

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Is there any way to leverage YouTube in my SEM efforts?

1) Is there a proven process/method of bidding on 'video related queries' and linking to YouTube videos in AW or should it all be left to TrueView

2) How can I create an Audience based off those who have viewed a video on my YouTube channel and remarket to them using either display remarketing or RLSA?

Cheers!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: YouTube and SEM

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Johnny,
Good questions. The answer to the first is, like most things in AdWords, "it depends". It depends on countless variables like your market, your target audience etc. What works for me may not work for you. There really is no one size fits all answer. Just try it out and see.

As for your second question, you'll be glad to know that this is created automatically for you. Once you run a video ad, AdWords automatically creates a video remarketing list. A little tip, it works REALLY well for both display and other video remarketing Smiley Wink RSLAs work great when used in conjunction with coupons but make sure you monitor it tightly.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Dave - thanks for your feedback!

Could you clarify on where this audience would be auto-created? Is it linked to a specific AW account? You mentioned it works well remarketing to those users using display remarketing and video, but what are your experiences with RLSA?

And you mentioned RLSAs work well with coupons - could you elaborate on that?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

You need to link your YouTube account with adwords account.
You need to create audience list in All Video Campaigns section.

You cant do RLSA for the audience list that you generate through video advertise, it can be used only to target on GDN.