Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

YouTube Search vs YouTube Videos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a YT display ad and I'm using keywords for targeting. After 3 days I saw that I have NO views on "YouTube Search" but only on "YouTube Videos".

"YouTube Videos" = YouTube related videos? If this is true, what is the algorithm for related videos? when are my ads appearing? Is this independent of the search keyword?

If no wane clicked on my ad showed in "YouTube Search" will my ad rank go down? Should I remove "YouTube Search" from my ad settings?

1.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

YouTube Search vs YouTube Videos

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @catalin m,

YT videos means videos uploaded to and running on YouTube, however, they are not independent of the search keywords; they may be associated with them.

If no one clicked on my ad showed in "YouTube Search" will my ad rank go down?

It will in the long term. 101 impressions and zero views is a pretty tiny set of data to have any such impact. 

Should I remove "YouTube Search" from my ad settings?

It would be probably too early. If the line "YT videos" had not clicks, that would be different of course.

Best,

Lakatos

Re: YouTube Search vs YouTube Videos

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Catalin, 

You can easily change your network targeting settings- by targeting "YouTube Search" network setting only. Below is a screenshot for reference. 

IMG_4007.JPG

I recommend splitting out YouTube search campaigns/ads by network if you want a video ad to only run on youtube search ad format. You can always easily opt in or out based on the goals of the video ad(s) you're running. 

Hope this helps! 

-Julia