Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

YouTube Search Ads problem ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi community,

I used to run youtube search ads all the time before they stopped and i used to get pretty good amount of views.

But since they have been paused and now returned.

I am not seeing that many of views or impressions as compared to before. What's the problem?

i am getting views but like 90% less compared to before they were paused.

Anyone can shed some light for this matter. 

Any suggestion or help will be appreciated.

Re: YouTube Search Ads problem ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same thing happened to me.

Obviously some changes made while youtube search ads where down for a month, the question that isn't answered is what changes?

From what I see, the search ads no longer need to be relevant to the search (unlike in google.com) - also seems like more big brands are coming up for more keywords, most likely because big brands just put in demographics or no targeting and just mass targeting everyone. And these big brands have higher cost per click budgets, and essentially unlimited funds, therefore I think the cost per bid has went up significantly for all keywords.

I'll attach a screenshot of a search I just did from "back workout" and an acne ad comes up (searched in brand new incognito window):
1.png

Haven't really found a solution yet...

You can test increasing your cost per click bid, but then your cost per conversion will rise as well.

Good luck and maybe someone else will report something useful, but I'm not sure if Google Adwords team even knows of this problem, or thinks it is a problem...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Also I'm not sure if this was how it was before the change, but if you refresh the youtube search results page, you can see different ads being rotated, so that could also be causing less impressions and views.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am wondering the same thing as you.

But still this used to happen before too. But the decrease in the impression is just a disaster now. I do not know why is google not saying anything about it?

Do they even care now? 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author priya b
1w

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah nothing from Google from every source I know to check.

I can't answer if they care or not... Smiley Tongue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

They should at least release some info on it.