6.3K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

YouTube Search Ads Gone?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I went to restart a couple YouTube Search Network campaigns I had ran in the past with no issues. The ads are accepted and no matter how big of a bid, nothing happens.

Went to go look up the keywords and couldn't find a single Search ad running. I even asked 3 friends to look for them and they couldn't find any.

Did they remove them? What's going on?

Thanks!

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jimmer F
April 2017

YouTube Search Ads Gone?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Jimmer,

Thanks for posting in the AdWords Community! Happy to provide clarification on this. As part of our ongoing brand safety efforts, we will be implementing new controls that make it easier to manage where your ads appear across all YouTube ad placements - in-stream, in-feed and in-search.

In order to do this, we will need to temporarily pause TrueView discovery ads on YouTube search while we apply these changes across all our formats. TrueView discovery ads will continue to run as usual outside of YouTube search. TrueView in-stream ads and other video formats are not impacted by these changes.

Note: as we work to update the format on YouTube search, your campaigns may accrue a small number of impressions due to standard efficacy testing of the changes.

We will reach out as soon as we have more detail on timing to reactivate TrueView discovery ads on YouTube search.

Please reach out with any questions. 

Thanks,
Jens

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jimmer F
April 2017

YouTube Search Ads Gone?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Jimmer,

Thanks for posting in the AdWords Community! Happy to provide clarification on this. As part of our ongoing brand safety efforts, we will be implementing new controls that make it easier to manage where your ads appear across all YouTube ad placements - in-stream, in-feed and in-search.

In order to do this, we will need to temporarily pause TrueView discovery ads on YouTube search while we apply these changes across all our formats. TrueView discovery ads will continue to run as usual outside of YouTube search. TrueView in-stream ads and other video formats are not impacted by these changes.

Note: as we work to update the format on YouTube search, your campaigns may accrue a small number of impressions due to standard efficacy testing of the changes.

We will reach out as soon as we have more detail on timing to reactivate TrueView discovery ads on YouTube search.

Please reach out with any questions. 

Thanks,
Jens

YouTube Search Ads Gone?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

@Jensen M

thanks for this info. I'm actually in the process of planning a YT search campaign. I know you said you'll follow up when you get more detail on "timing to reactivate," but is there any kind of estimate you can provide now?  Week, month, etc?  

YouTube Search Ads Gone?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi David,

We don't have a definite timeline right now, but we expect that this will be available again in the next several weeks. However, it is always possible for timelines to shift due to unforeseen circumstances. 

We hope this helps! Thanks for reaching out.

Best,

Jens

YouTube Search Ads Gone?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks a lot for making this clear.

YouTube Search Ads Gone?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jens  Can I follow up on this please, Is it still the plan that the Youtube search ads will resume at some point?  Thanks, Karl 

YouTube Search Ads Gone?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Jensen.

Its been 2 weeks and my youtube search ads still aren't running. Any update on this?

YouTube Search Ads Gone?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi,

The Auction Display ads and Reservation Sponsorship ads are slated to return mid to late May 2017, and the TrueView Discovery ads on YouTube Search are slated to return mid to late June 2017. These times are subject to change, if needed, but the team is working on everything as quickly as possible. 

Thanks,

James

YouTube Search Ads Gone?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks James.  Good info.

YouTube Search Ads Gone?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,