AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

YouTube Conversion Tracking with Remarketing List?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, 

im desperately trying to track conversions/goals in google analytics only from those people who are in a remarketing list i have in Adwords. Specifically connected my YouTube Channel with adwords, therefore i have a remarketing list called "played a video from your channel" - im trying to find out if those people who played a video from my channel bought something and if so what specifically  on my website...

My idea was to use that remarketing list somehow, but maybe someone else has a different idea?

Thanks in advance!
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: YouTube Conversion Tracking with Remarketing List?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Andreas,

Can you clarify if you are using AdWords video campaigns in your account? If yes, then you might see Video Remarketing Lists which are automatically created there and can be used to see if they drive any conversions from your Video campaigns or not.

Here's one screenshot from the Video campaign:-

YouTube.png

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

thanks, yes im using adwords video campaigns and i know about that feature, but what i really want to see is if users are coming to my website by seeing a youtube video (not as an ad, but a regular organic view on my youtube channel) - since there is a remarketing list with all those organic users ("played a video on your channel") i thought there might be a way to attribute those in google analytics...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
hi Andreas,

you can use organic data segment and then check the incoming traffic from the YouTube. You also can create a separate segment for Medium type.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mandeep,

thanks, but can you detail that a little bit?