AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

YT Display Ads - Can I disable overlay ads and keep related video ads?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to advertise only on related video ads on the right side and not as a overlay ad over a video (those get way too many accidental clicks)?

CLARIFICATION:

I want to run video display ads but I only want to show up on related videos and not as a video overlay ad. The question is how do I disable overlay ads and keep the related videos only:  

in display ad.pngin display ad 2.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: YT Display Ads - Can I disable overlay ads and keep related video ads?

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

I believe this is the information you are looking for:

Excluding video sites or content

If you'd like to keep your ads from appearing in certain video-specific placements, you can exclude any of these categories with the site category options feature:

In-video: Select this option to prevent your ads from appearing on in-video placements.
In-video (user embedded only): Web publishers have the option to embed video content that they've found on a Display Network site onto their own sites. This embedded video will still feature AdWords ads targeted to the Display Network. Choosing this option will prevent your ad from appearing within user-embedded videos, but your ad will remain eligible to appear across video publisher sites on the Display Network.
Video-sharing pages: Choose this option to prevent your ads from appearing on pages where people can upload and view videos.
Live streaming video: Select this option to prevent your ads from appearing on footage of a live event streamed over the Internet.

Learn more here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404253?hl=en

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Troy, that refers to embedding videos on websites.  Here is what I am referring to in pictures.

I want to run video display ads but I only want to show up on related videos and not as a video overlay ad. The question is how do I disable overlay ads and keep the related videos only:  

in display ad.pngin display ad 2.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Antonio,
Unfortunately you can't do that. When you create YouTube in Display ad group this is one of the ad placement. You can only exclude some categories via content exclusion options.
Hope that may help.
Cheers

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Not sure why you sent that link. Please let me know if there is something I'm missing. I'm very familiar with adwords so a general link won't quite answer my question. But it seems that Adwords doesn't currently have that option since it's a big money maker for them even though advertisers don't like. Just like they aren't letting us target only desktop computers and disable tablets. Horrible experience for advertisers but they don't seem to care as long as they are making money.