AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Why is my ad serving but not generating any impressions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

After reading through the forum I have ranked my max cpm up to £2.00 and have ensured my target groups are not too narrow - they are now only based on keywords and UK as a location. 

The status of my ads are serving yet my impressions are at 0. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why is my ad serving but not generating any impressions?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Mencap,

Could you check if there are any notifications in the account? Have you completed the billing set up? Are the ads approved? Check and update the thread, so we can troubleshoot further.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a lovely question, yes its possible for an ads to serve without generating impressions, Let me explain what it means and possible solution to it. Your ads is serving because it does not have a good Ad position, and its possible your Ads is showing on the 4th, 5th, or 6th page of the page its serving, what i mean by this is that, lets consider a text format ads for an example, lets say someone made a search query, you know some ads will show on the first page, some on the second page and so on like that, if people keep searching query about the keywords that is related to your ads and they didn't get to the page where your ad is showing, then your ads will continue to serve without generating any impressions. 

And the possible solution is that you should work on some metrics in your reports tab so as to make your ad show on the page it will generate impressions. 

Hope the information is helpful, kindly let me know, so we can work something together.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

You are running a display campaign, display campaign will usually have delay in updating data. Wait for 2-4 hours to check impressions, clicks and other statistics.