6.4K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Why cant I promote my video?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I'm trying to promote 1 of my videos but every time when I finish the ad it brings me for the sign in the Adwords express & tells me to create my ad. all I did until this stage is gone & I'm prompted to start a new ad from scratch. note, I didn't made my 1st ad yet because I prefer the video promotion but I did added a payment & actually paid some amount! why do it force me have to make this ad when I don't want it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Why cant I promote my video?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi there,

Thanks for posting to the Community. If this is your first time creating an ad in AdWords, then sometimes the system will direct you to go through the AdWords Express set-up to help you get started with advertising. However, since you're looking to create a video ad, I can understand why this isn't a good option for you.

We won't be able to help you bypass this step from here on the forums, but if you get in touch directly with the AdWords Team by phone, email, chat, or social media, they 'll be able to help you further.

Additionally, you will never be charged for an ad that has not run. If you see some amount that has been billed to your account, the AdWords Team member you talk to should also be able to look into that with you and make sure you only have the ads running that you want.

Cassie