AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Why are video views lower on YouTube vs views on AdWords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I ran an AdWords video ad from Oct 29 - Nov 1. The AdWords campaign account shows 545 views but that video on the YouTube channel shows 200 views.

Why is there a large view difference? Are the In-Stream views not registered as views on the YT video? 

I ran similar campaigns for different videos last year and did not encounter this issue.

Thanks!

Cathy

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Why are video views lower on YouTube vs views on AdWords?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Mrs R, how are things?

The views you see on Adwords interface are not the same thing as the video view.

Those views inside Adwords are views for your ADs in particular, not the videos on your channel.

Google doesn't tell exactly how Views on Videos are calculated, and the first 300 views of the videos are calculated slightly different from 301+ views. We know that the video views increases when using Video Ads, but I don't know if this is entirely due the Ad, or actually people that went to your video page.

One thing though, the views on TrueView Ads counts towards your public YouTube account.

I think you can refer to this page for further help:
https://support.google.com/partners/answer/2375431?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Why are video views lower on YouTube vs views on AdWords?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies (it is from way back in the past).

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.