AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Where can I go to see the initial budget that I set for an ad on YouTube?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, all. Where can I go to see the initial budget that I set for an ad I created for a YT video of mine? When I go onto Google AdWords, all I can find is the $/day budget, not the TOTAL (whole dollar) budget that I set on YouTube in the first steps of creating the ad. I chatted with Google support, but they didn't have a conclusive answer for me, so I'm hoping someone here might. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Lone Soul,

If I am reading your lines okay, you're advised to go along this path: click Change History beneath the upper Tools tab and next find the Filter drop-down and select the Budget Changes menu item. Set a proper time frame.

Hope I did not misunderstand the query.

Best,

Lakatos

Re: Where can I go to see the initial budget that I set for an ad on YouTube?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your response, Lakatos, but unfortunately that did not show me what I'm looking for.

Here, let me provide a visual aid. This is the first screen that you see when you go to create an ad to promote your videos on YouTube:

YT-Campaign-Budget.jpg

See how you set the "Campaign budget" (in this case $10)?

What I'm asking is, where can I see that budget/what's left of it once my ad has been created, reviewed, and started running?

I'd like to be able to monitor the balance to make sure that the Campaign budget that I set is not exceeded...

I hope it is clear what I'm looking for now, and that someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ah... now I see. Click the cogwheel in the upper right corner of your AdWords account and select Billing & Payments. - Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Lakatos. I still don't see the total campaign budget that I set anywhere, but at least I can monitor my balance.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Lone Soul, if what you mean is the daily budget of the campaign, the type of the budget and its amount will be shown on the campaign settings page where you can also edit them any time. Maybe you cannot access them before you have in fact created your first campaign. (Else: click on the Settings tab and select your particular campaign)

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Lakatos -- Not the daily budget, the total budget (e.g. the $10 in the example pictured above).