AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

What does the YotuTube video played to ABC% mean to advertisers?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, I was just wondering if you could help me understand by what it means if people watch a video for 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%. Also, what steps can be done to improve to allow people to watch more of our ads? Thanks! Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What does the YotuTube video played to ABC% mean to advertisers?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Gary,

The tiny question mark in the header above the breakout says - when you click on it - as follows. "Video played to" measures what percentage of viewers watched to that point in the video. Example: If video played to 25% is 30%, it means that 30% of impressions watched at least one-fourth (25%) of your video." -- To improve to allow people to watch more of your ads, users' experience should be enhanced by creating more appealing videos and targeting their audience more accurately.

Best,
Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lakatos,

I think maybe I didn't phrase my question well enough. I do get that how much of my video they've seen. But does that mean like, if a lot of people don't watch my videos for more than 25% of it it means I have really bad content as compared to a lot of people who view 100%?

My video is longer than 30 seconds btw, running in-stream, strategically targeted placement and demographics.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
That would sound to me more like a targeting issue, and not like one associated with really bad content. However, laser targeting is almost impossible on YT, even though I understand you have done a lot to this end. Hence as long as my ROI is okay, I would not care much for the dropouts.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay, could you elaborate on the targeting issue for me please? I was doing it on the basis of "if I target the right set of people and what videos they watch, i'd have a lot of them view my content.". I went with demographics at first because targeting age group and genders with no specific interest is very broad. Then with placements to have more narrowed down targeting to the many videos that are industry related.

My target for the campaigns was plainly to have as much views as possible, and ideally more people who will watch 75% of the video. Thanks!