AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

What Adwords data is accessible in linked YouTube Channels?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We have several projects with YouTubers whose audiences we want to access for remarketing purposes.

In order to do so, we would need to request for these YouTubers to link their YouTube Channels with our Adwords account.

However, we want to first better understand what information / features will then be shared.

What Adwords metrics / data can the owner of a YouTube channel view from the Adwords account(s) he/she is linked to?

Thanks,

Shifra D.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shifra D
January 2016

Re: What Adwords data is accessible in linked YouTube Channels?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Shifra D;

We don't have access to your account to check the  reporting details. I would recommend calling support - they can look into the campaign settings.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Check the following help article about the available features and metrics (and advantages) when linking a YouTube channel to an AdWords account.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3063482?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,

Thanks for your reply.

I read the page you linked to several times before posting my question. It does not clarify exactly what Adwords metrics are available on the Youtube side (conversion data? cost per view? spend per campaign? impressions? views? % viewed? etc).

Since I still do not have a clear understanding, I can't yet go ahead with linking accounts and significantly expanding campaigns.
I'd appreciate if you or someone on the YouTube side could provide me with a full picture of exactly what information is available to whom after the accounts are linked. ''

Thanks,
Shifra D.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Shifra D;

Since Sep 2015 all YouTube trueview  campaigns have been integrated into the core AdWords  UI. Hence, those metrics are available  using  the AdWords UI.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,

I understand this, as we run several large scale YouTube campaigns and are very familiar with the metrics that can be seen on the Adwords side.

My question is rathet what *Adwords metrics* can the YouTuber(s) see *from within his/her YouTube account* after the accounts are linked. (Obviously they will not have access to our Adwords account.)

Thanks,
Shifra D.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Moshe,

Can you look at my request below?
This is a very time-sensitive issue for us and I'd really appreciate a detailed response.

Thanks,
Shifra

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shifra D
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Shifra D;

We don't have access to your account to check the  reporting details. I would recommend calling support - they can look into the campaign settings.