Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Warning: Adwords = YouTube Account Termination

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I saw that someone at Google has disabled replies to the previous thread on this issue, so I thought for the sake of the community here, I would bring it up again.

Usage of the Adwords 'In-Display' product to promote an off-YouTube URL is in clear violation of YouTube policy. See the second paragraph here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801973?​hl=en

Note this text:  If the main purpose of your content is to drive people off of YouTube and onto another site, it will likely violate our spam policies.

If you inquire about this with an Adwords representative, they will not tell you the truth, and will in fact encourage you to promote an off-YouTube URL using Adwords. This is extremely dangerous and I believe will in the long-term open up Google to a lot of lawsuits.

But, in the meantime:

Never, ever use Adwords for video to drive YouTube viewers to a URL that you control. If you do so, you account may be instantly terminated.

For a more detailed discussion, please see this post that someone at Google has now closed to further replies:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/AdWords-for-Video/How-We-Lost-1-307-585-88-With-YouTube-Adve...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Warning: Adwords = YouTube Account Termination

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

the previous discussion was closed because there was nothing more useful that could be offered to help your. There is no point in opening a new thread just to complain about a topic that has already been thoroughly discussed.

If you have questions about your own video advertising and are now able to answer the kind of detailed questions that were asked of you before, feel free to ask them. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*