Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

View frequency - Video Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everybody!

I am running a true view in stream campaign, I need that my ad is only view once per unique viewer so i put the freq cap to 1 and I made a negative remarketing list with the people that have view my video.

But in my campaign results, the column of unique viewers and avg view freq has not shown any number. Does anyone knows how much time does this data takes to appear in my adwords??

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: View frequency - Video Ad

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Miguel

Thanks for your question. 

Data in AdWords for video usually populates after 3hrs, but it could be up to 24hrs in some cases.

The fact that you are not see data could be a different problem. Are you seeing other data for the campaign, just not those columns?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shanea!

I can see all the others columns, the only ones that appears with no data are unique viewers and avg. view frequency. My campaign began 5 days ago.

Thanks for your help!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Craig B (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Miguel G,

I am happy to provide some insight in regards to how long it takes for AdWords for Video data to appear in your AdWords interface. Although this data is not real-time, it generally takes approximately 3-24 hours for the data to appear in the account. Please ensure you are looking at the correct corresponding columns to see the data and adjusting your time frame accordingly. When you look at the data you may not see that the frequency is capped at exactly 1 for the average view frequency metric and this can be for several reasons. 

The frequency capping feature may show a 1-5% different in average view frequency due to serving latency, users issuing multiple requests at once, if someone deletes cookies we would show them another ad as if they were a unique person, and ultimately it is looking at views rather than impressions. I hope this helps clarify your issue and feel free to reach out with anything else!

Best,

Craig