4.9K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Video ad settings question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a setting that will allow an advertiser's YouTube channel videos to populate the right sidebar after a visitor clicks the ad and is viewing the video? Is this even possible? Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @BigBossSNK,

So, I'm not sure exactly which scenario you're referring to here but I can try to give you a little help.

With TrueView/In-stream video ads, there are options to show companion banners, also additional videos from your channel could be displayed alongside your ad if no companion banners are available.

You mentioned a click, which is steering me more toward a discovery ad - which are a bit different.  These ads could also be displayed along side other videos if your targeting allows and a click will lead to a video play page or YouTube channel.

Do you have a screenshot by chance of something you're looking to duplicate?

There are some good choices through AdWords for Video but I'm a little unsure at this point what exactly we're looking to achieve.

If you care to elaborate a bit, I'm happy to try and help.

Thanks!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for the reply. I dont have a screenshot but I was curious if there was a way to have the advertiser's videos (from their channel) populate the right sidebar when a visitor clicks on a discovery video. Is that possible?

You also mentioned companion banners or videos from our YT channel could be used for the in-stream videos... this is something I wasnt aware of but I'd love to start using it! Any links or info on setting this up would be much appreciated. Thanks again! :-)