5.1K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Video ad gives zero impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have launched an (instream) video  campaign, targeting the USA with a $15-per-day-limit.

By putting my CPV on $0.02, the menu predicted me an estimated reach of 1-2k views.

Interest groups are set to: health & fitness buffs, running and cycling enthusiasts.

Result: zero impressions per day, so I guess I have done something wrong. Can someone help me? Thanks a lot.

result.jpg

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Setting a higher max. CPV will increase your ad's chances of appearing in a higher position compared to other ads. Since two elements affect the actual CPV you pay- Your Quality Score is a measure of how relevant your ad is to a customer, and includes multiple performance factors like view rates. Once your Quality Score is determined, it's multiplied by your max CPV bid to rank your ads among other advertisers. That's called Ad Rank.

Since Google charges what is necessary for your ad to appear on the page. The final amount you actually pay for a view is called the actual CPV. Actual CPV is often less than max CPV because with the AdWords auction, you pay no more than what's needed to rank higher than the advertiser immediately below you in the auction. 

More infofmation on Quality Score and Ad Rank: 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010

-Julia

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot Julia, I am gone test with this immediately.

What confused me is that the estimated reach went down drastically when choosing a higher CPV which sort of put me on the wrong trail apparently.