3.4K members online now
Boost and manage your AdWords for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Video ad doesn't show for chosen TARGET channels

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone. I am having a problem which is: My video ad only shows on mobile apps when I run the reports, they never show on the target youtube channels I chose. I would like to know if anyone has had this problem or if there's anything I can do to direct adwords to start showing my ads for the targeting I chose. I don't want them to show on apps anymore because the apps my ads are being delivered on have nothing to do with my business. 

Ps:  In this ad group I  only chose one target option which was YouTube Channels.  Maybe if I combined more options like Keyword + Channels you guys think I would have better results?  

Re: Video ad doesn't show for chosen TARGET channels

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
What´s your campaign level configuration - have you opted in for the display network?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 3 ad groups. They all have 1 single ad with the same vídeo.

1st - I targeted only 10 keywords.

2nd - I targeted some 15 to 20 channels on youtube.

1 - The 1st one was being delivered although there were 290 impressions I could only see where a few of them were coming from, like videos and stuff. But they were being placed on videos that for the most part weren't related to my business despite the fact that I chose the keywords. Anyway, i thought then using only keywords was leaving it too broad.

2 - The 2nd , although I had only targeted youtube channels, all my budget was being spent on mobile apps that were completely unrelated to my business. I added mobile apps as an exclusion for my campaign. Waited a few hours and the ad was delivered only 1 time.

3 - Then I created a third group and paused the other two above for testing. In this 3rd group I combined the targeting from the 1st and the 2nd groups (the keywords + all the chosen youtube channels + mobile apps exclusion - which I had already added as an exclusion for the campaign)

Result: After a few hours and the ad being approved I still don't see any impression.

I know i'm doing something wrong, but it's hard to figure out, so if any of you know from experience I would appreciate the help. I wish adwords was as simple as facebook ads. But everything takes time and guessing. Smiley Sad

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
I am trying to help, but you didn´t answer my question - have you opted in for the display network?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David. First I had opted for "YouTube Search", "YouTube Videos" and "Include video partners", but now I have unchecked the "Include video partners" option. Since I excluded all the apps from the group it's got ZERO impressions.

Just as a reminder: This campaign is a video campaign and was never started thought the display adwords. It was started as a video campaign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Are you saying that after you opted ot from "Video-partners" your ads don´t get any impressions any more?
(I suspect this feature is what got you all those app impressions and clicks)

Can you choose only the days you were opt in for Video-partners and segment by network?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well I'm not getting any more apps impressions, but i'm getting very little impressions. What do you guys suggest as a targeting strategy? I already lowered and increased my bid, nothing increased my impressions. I'm starting to think that my problem is the targeting. So I would like to know if you use more than one targeting option for the same ad group, for example: "key words + placement" or "keyword + placement + interests". What and how many is a good combination. For example: If I target only "placements" how many? 2 youtube channels, 3, 4 ... more? Less?

I'm sorry I am asking all these questions, but I am really confused because I see some people at times targeting my youtube channel and I honestly don't know how they do it.

I hope to get better at this. I wish it was as easy as facebook ads, but it's not.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
What kind of audience do you wanna reach (age, local, interests, intents..) ?

Badged Google Partner
# 9
Badged Google Partner
What is your daily budget for the ads and how much was your high per view bid? YouTube search is not one of the best ways to get people to see your video anyway. The number one way to get your video seen is in stream ads.

You can target too tightly very easily and end up with no views that way too. Who is your ideal market; is; animal lovers, music lovers, shoe buyers, etc?